Bohemian style is all about taking risks and chances in life and fashion. It is all about class and free-spiritedness. Boho style got its inspiration from travel, art and 70’s. Love of colour, wide assortments of prints, floral flowy clothing, fun and relaxed feel are the main descriptive elements of boho-chic style.
While clothing and accessories are the core components of bohemian look, hair and makeup is no less important. This style requires a natural makeup and out-of-bed hairstyles. This eclectic gipsy look features braids and relaxed top knots in hair-do.
This free-spirit hippie look has become particularly trendy in past couple of years. To wear this awesome boho chic look, you must have five items in your closet:
1. Maxi Dress
Maxi dress is an essential element of boho chic fashion. This versatile piece can be paired with sweaters, tank tops and loose jackets. Go for a dress with geometric or nature-inspired prints. Choose colour palette like yellow, orange, blue, brown and green.
- Team maxi dress up with a fitted top, block-heel sandals and chunky jewellery for perfect date night.
- Go casual with denim vest on top of the maxi dress.
- Wear loose blouse with frayed denim shorts to give a sexy touch.
2. Ankle Boots
Ankle boots are perfect footwear to complete boho look. Boots should be loose around the ankle so they may go with short skirts and tucked into skinny jeans. Heel must be comfortably high or else flat boots. The studs, buckles and slightly distressed look boots are all about hippie free-spirit boho chic.
- Ankle boots, skinny jeans, sweater and headpiece, is the perfect combo for a casual date.
- Fitted shoes look cool with maxi skirts.
- Fringed suede style ankle boots look fabulous with skirts and a bold necklace.
3. Head Wraps
Gypsy look is never complete without hair wraps. Wavy long length hair and flower crown are omnipresent with boho style. Go for thin elastic bands on forehead and braids for hippie girl look. You can wear head wraps in following fun ways:
- Wear beady head wrap across your forehead. You can pull them back past hairline as well.
- Opt for hair bands on bad-hair-day to give yourself a glamorous look.
- Turbands look trendy with curly or textured hair.
4. Hip Bag
A woman is not complete without her purse or bag. Fringe details and light weight bag create effortless fun. You can have small handbags to large bags across your shoulders. The material should be canvas, hemp or leather.
- For concerts or festivals choose small, fringy cross-body bags. They would be perfect as they will keep your hands free.
- An oversized, floppy purse is a huge trend with boho crowd.
- Vintage hip bag with bold colours and patterns have the flair.
If you love hats, bold necklaces, big framed sunglasses and hoop earrings you are already a boho chic at heart. Layering is the key in bohemian fashion. Go for wide-brimmed hats, incorporate beads and feathery necklaces, big stone rings with metallic bangles. The more you layer with accessories, the better boho girl you are.
- Wood or metal bangles will always give a stylish look.
- Keep close to natural gems, earthy nd stony textured jewellery.
- Oversized sunglasses will spice up your boho chic look.
- A perfect wide rim hat is the essential piece that tops everything off.