I wanted this print to be cool and bold, as damasks are mostly bold as they seem. Firstly developing the motif, google has a hundred thousand different designs and patterns for ogee and damasks I chose one and then developed it into what I wanted it to look, that was not hard actually I just freely moved my hand with the pencil and came up with a motif but then comes the placement, Ogee repeat was a hell of work, it took me days to work out the graph for ogee, I set the repeat as 16x16cm boxes onto the sheet of 32x32cm, folded and flipped the motifs to set a perfect ogee repeat. I chose the colour pallet randomly from google as cool and pinks, yet I was stuck on a purple pink colour pallet I couldn’t get over so whatever, I just got on with it and it seems perfect, fortunately. Colours actually matter the most so try digging out a nice pallet for your design else you might be ending your task with nothing achieved.
I added some of the gold dust to the lightest tinge pink. Next, I painted the whole, setting my background as a light purple mauve.
And here it is 🙂