No doubt, lavender is a blessing.Hidden under this unassuming and pleasant plant are a wide range of abilities that modern medicines can’t provide. It has been used as a remedy for a range of ailments from insomnia and anxiety to depression and fatigue. Lavender produces slight calming, soothing, and sedative effects when its scent is inhaled.As one of nature’s great gifts, it’s no wonder lavender’s medicinal uses have stood the test of time! From increased circulation to curing insomnia, lavender’s benefits are indisputable.
Benefits and Uses of Lavender
1. Lavender for Depression, Stress, Anxiety:
Lavender oil is commonly used in bath salts, candles, lotions and massage oils. Not only is the fragrance of this flower relaxing, but it is also scientifically proven to reduce anxiety and lower pulse rates.Lavender oil has consistently proven to reduce depression.The lavender oil reduces headaches and sinus congestion and provides relief from pain and hangovers.
2. Lavender for Heart Health and Blood Circulation:
Lavender lowers elevated blood pressure levels and improves the flow of blood, making it a great option of hypertension.It increases your blood oxygenation level and reduces the risk of heart attacks and Atherosclerosis that are often associated with poor circulation.
3. Lavender for Insomnia:
Lavender is ideal for those who have trouble falling or staying asleep commonly known as Insomnia.It is used as a treatment for insomnia; lavender oil removes restlessness and nervous exhaustion while improving sleep length and quality.In spite of using sleeping pills and inviting more health problems, it would be a better choice to use lavender oil.
4. Lavender as a Digestive Aid:
Lavender helps to stimulate your intestines mobility and the production of bile and gastric juices. This helps treat indigestion, symptomatic stomach pains and vomiting.
5. Lavender for Anti-Fungal, Antibacterial and Antimicrobial Uses:
Lavender may be used as a perfect defender for your body against a wide range of viruses and diseases because of it’s antibacterial and antiviral properties.The regular use of lavender increases your body’s resistance to a variety of diseases.
6. Lavender as a blessing in summer:
Everyone in summer loves lemonade.Flavoring your lemonade with lavender supercharges its medicinal properties and gives it a fresh look by giving it the gorgeous a purple color.
Here is the simple and easy recipe for your lavender lemonade drink.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour (approx.)
What You Need:
- 1 cup raw honey
- 12 cups pure water
- One drop lavender essential oil
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- Six lemons peeled and juiced
What to Do:
Throw all the ingredients into a large pitcher. Mix, chill and serve. Add more water or raw honey to taste.
7. Some other lavender benefits:
- Diffuse lavender oil (10-12 drops) into the air at the office for a stress-free workday.
- Add 5-6 drops of lavender oil to your bath water to relieve dry skin.
- Add two drops of lavender oil to your unrefined organic oil.This makes a great relaxing body oil to help you sleep better.