The brain governs emotional, psychological and every system of the body so training it into a better function has extensive advantages. This calls for training of brain function. Neurofeedback is one such approach to evaluate and train brain activity. It deals with the issues of brain dysregulation.
This is a scientific approach to decrease cravings in addiction. This is an Addiction treatment which deals with brain issues. The issues include the anxiety-depression, attention shortfalls, conduct issues, sleep disorders, headaches, PMS and emotional turbulence. Neurofeedback serves as addiction solution.
What is Neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback is also called EEG Biofeedback. It is a direct training of brain function through which brain figures out how to function more productively. The brain is observed from minute to minute. That data is demonstrated back to the person. Then the brain is rewarded for changing its particular action to more suitable patterns. This is a steady learning process which is applied to a part of brain function that can be gauged.
How does it work?
Neurofeedback is done through the following process.
- Terminals are applied to the scalp to listen in on brainwave movement. Computer handles the signal
- Data about certain key brainwave frequencies is extracted.
- This recurring pattern of activity is shown back to the person who endeavors to change the movement level.
- We wish to advance few frequencies and others we want to lessen.
- This data is shown to the individual in the form of video game. The person is adequately playing the video game with his mind.
- In the end, the brainwave movement is molded towards more alluring and regulated performance.
Who offers Neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback also called mental health experts commonly provide EEG Biofeedback for example psychologists, family psychoanalyst, and counselors. They usually work with the clients on an individual basis. The training may likewise be given by medical caretakers, clinical social workers, rehab specialists, and educationalists.
Is it a Cure?
Neurofeedback is only a matter of getting the brain capacity to function better rather than curing the condition. There is no disease to be cured with regards to the problem of dysregulation. When dysregulation is the issue, then self-control might just be the cure. The word “cure” would not be applied in any case.
What conditions can it help?
Neurofeedback is especially concerned with intractable brain issues of youth whose requirements are not being met. It also addresses more issues like:
- Seizures and subclinical seizure activity
- Conduct Disorders and Bipolar disorder
- Bed wetting, sleep walking, sleep talking, teeth grinding and Nightmares
- Drug addiction, Suicidal Behavior, Anxiety and Depression
Is it Costly?
Neurofeedback is used in combination with talk therapy in most treatments centers like FORD and Promises Recovery Center but SAMHSA as not added it to its list of evidence-based practices as yet. NREPP which comes under SAMHSA is an organization developed to help the public learn about evidence-based interventions which are available for implementation. This means insurance does not cover this mental health intervention which left this treatment for super wealthy people.