Hi everyone! How you doin’? Sup in life? Well, I’ve been offline for a while now. Couldn’t upload any new tutorials for quite some time. Sorry about that but I’ve been very busy with my life. I had to take some tests and stuff to sort out.
But now, here I am once again with a new tutorial that I’ve wanted to do for a long long time and I finally got the time to dothat. I’m so excited about this one <yayayayay>. But once you hear what it is you’ll be too. It’s DREAMCATCHERS. Yes you heard it right. They are all over the internet now a days. They’re chic, trendy and oh-so-pretty. But alas! I haven’t come across any awesome ones in markets that are also budget friendly.
So, I decided to make my very own ones. They are so easy to make once you get the hang of it. They are pretty and you can make them in whatever colors you love. So without making you guys wait any longer let’s get right into this;
- Yarn, Ribbon, Twine or any other string
- Rings (I used old metal bangles but you can use any other ring of any other size)
- Embellishments i.e. beads, feathers, tassels etc.
Step by Step Guide:
- First of all you have to wrap the ring with the help of yarn or ribbon.
- Take the ribbon, pour some glue on its one end and press it onto the ring.
- Now keep pouring the glue on the ring and go on wrapping the ribbon over it until you reach the end.
- I used white glue to wrap the ribbon on my ring but to secure the end of the ribbon I also used some UHU because white glue was not holding it properly. UHU works fine for the whole project too.
- After the ring is prepared, start weaving your dreamcatcher’s pattern. For that there is one simple mantra that you have to keep in mind while weaving the whole pattern and that is; “OVER, UNDER, and THROUGH”. These are the three magic words that will get you through this process of weaving.
- It is rather difficult to explain in terms of words so here is a step by step photo guide for you to weave your pattern. Bon voyage!
If you have understood the above shown steps then congratulations you may now have made yourselves these pretty pieces of gorgeousness;
But even if you didn’t understand it from the picture guide, here is a video for you:
Still didn’t get it? No worries cuz @craft_kari is always here for you guys. Place an order there or DM on instagram for queries. Love!