Crafting is love and those who are addicts of crafting can do nothing but think about new ways to “procraftinate.”I’m one such procraftinator and I try to craft as much as possible. FYI: procraftination means crafting stuff when you should be doing something else… mostly important stuff. But who can deny the power of a good craft project, right? I can’t.
That’s the reason that I’m here today. Yes, yes, with another simple, easy and adorable DIY craft project. This tutorial is about making an accordion card. It’s easy. It won’t cost you much. And it will fill your leisurely moments with some fun. So let’s dive in people.
• 1 Card Strip for base (yellow here) = 40×10 cms
• 2 Card Pieces (plain & printed green here) = 8×8 cms
• 1 Foamic Sheet Piece (green with silver hearts here) = 8×8 cms
• 2 Printed Strips (floral ones here) = 8×2 cms
• 1 Printed Strip (colored striped one here) = 8×4 cms
• 1 Punched Plain Strip (yellow with bow craft punch here) = 8×1.5 cms
• 2 Decorative Banners (floral and striped ones here) = 1.5×3 cms
• Paper Cutter
• Cutting Board
• Craft Punch
• Scoring Tool (I use my nail file 😀 )
• Decorative Items (I used tiny seashells)
Step by Step Guide:
Step #1 – Cut a 40 cms long and 10 cms wide strip from a hard chart of your desired color.
Step #2 – Mark after each 10 cm.
Step #3 – Score at the marks that you made.
Step #4 – Fold at the scored points and you shall have this shape.
Step #5 – Take the decorative foamic sheet of 8×8 and place it on the front side of your card.
Step #6 – Open the card and place the plain and printed green paper pieces on the inner two sides of the card.
Step #7 – Take two printed strips of 8×2 cms and one of 8×4 cms and paste them on the last side of the card with UHU.
Step #8 – Take your craft punch and punch 8×1.5 cms strip (I used the bow punch here). After punching the strip, paste it on the cover of card, where green foamic sheet was pasted before.
Step #9 – After doing this, paste the little banner on top right of the foamic sheet. Put the seashells or any other decorative items on the yellow strip, too.
Step #10 – Paste the other tiny banner on one of the inside pages.
Step # 11 -And, Voila! You have yourself an Accordion Card. <clapping>
How To in Pictures:
If you still can’t understand, here’s a video to make it easier for you.
Still not getting? Well, I’m here to help. Place your order craft_kari on Instagram.