Dark or brown spots occur due to exposure of skin to the sun and that causes excessive production of melanin which turns
the skin to darker. These spots are also known as sun spots (caused due to sun exposure), age spots (caused due to ageing) or hyper-pigmentation.
Appearance and cause of Dark spots:
These spots appear mainly on the areas that are easily exposed to sun, dirt or impurities and can be seen in adults of above 40 years.The spots appear on the areas like face, neck, back, chest, shoulders, hands and legs.Hormonal imbalance, stress, vitamin deficiency, ageing, acne, the weak functioning of body parts are some of the factors causing black or dark spots on the skin.
Although these spots are harmless to the skin but make you look unattractive and affect your self – esteem. Don’t panic, there are many natural remedies that are easily available at home to fade away these spots and brighten up your skin with even skin tone.
Remedies to fade away the Dark spots:
Baking soda comes first in treating many health and beauty ailments including dark spots. Here are some of its properties that help you to know how it works for fading dark spots and acne scars on the skin.For this, you do not need to buy expensive creams.
Baking soda mixed with water will exhibit certain properties that help you to get rid of many problems including removal of hyperpigmentation.The process is used for the treatment of dark spots in face, legs, neck and back.
- Add 1 table of baking soda in enough of water.
- Stir well to make it a fine paste and cleanse your skin thoroughly.
- Dry it slightly too damp your skin and then apply this paste on the dark spots affected areas.
- Massage it in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it on for another few minutes to get dries completely.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Dry your skin thoroughly with a towel and apply a moisturiser that suits your skin.
- Or add 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/4 cup of water. Stir well and apply this mix on the affected areas using a cotton ball at night time before going to bed and rinse it off in the morning.
- Alternatively, add 3 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 tablespoon of warm water to make it a fine paste. Use this paste to scrub the dark or brown spots on the face by massaging it in gentle circular motions. Rinse it with warm water and dry your skin.
- Or else add some water to baking soda and a little of oatmeal to make it as a scrub paste. Use this to scrub the dark spots or scars affected skin areas.
Continue the same process for 2-3 times a week on regular basis and surely you will see the best results and will get rid of dark spots.